The HypoVereinsbank changed the 2-factor authentication after deactivating mobile TAN. Since the update, each account refresh has to be authorized by the user:
- The HVB transmits the checking, saving and investments accounts via the FinTS interface. For the FinTS accounts a TAN must be entered for each account update in Outbank.
- The bank doesn't offer any credit cards via FinTS, therefore Outbank fetches them via screen scraping from the online banking website. Each login on the website requires a confirmation in the HVB app.
Therefore the following procedure is currently required in Outbank for transfers:
- The first TAN is required for the HBCI / FinTS Login at HVB
- The second TAN has to be entered for the payment
- The third TAN is required from bank again for the HBCI / FinTS Login
Unfortunately, Outbank has no influence on how often the authentication is required by a bank.